Saturday 9 June 2007

Drivers 'need psychometric tests'

It is with some irony that the BBC reported today that driver's need psychometric tests since the current system doesn't root out those drivers prone to breaking the rules. It was only a couple of days ago, I decided the name for this blog - a play on words for my reflections on a short bike commute.

One of the things I see on a daily basis is a number of moving traffic violations where road users blatantly flaunt the rules of the road. Yesterday I was out with my camera and witnessed this common occurrence:

Here at this junction on my route you will notice the two no right turn signs.


In the space of time it took to stop and take the second picture three vehicles made a right turn.
The other day I saw a police patrol car do it. Makes you wonder what tests they take!

No comments: