Wednesday 9 April 2008

Blakewater renovation d-day


The original duration for the roadworks was 30 weeks finishing at Easter. Last week was the 30th week and there is still some way to go before all is made good. The brickwork on the parapet is progressing, as is finishing the concrete culvert before backfilling with the removed earth.

One thing I noticed whilst cycling past this week was the concrete was painted bright blue. It's a pity I didn't get a photo of it because it would be nice to know what it is for. All I can think is that it is a type of concrete sealer. It was soon covered with a layer of bitumen, so I can't show it you.


On the rest of the commute route I've seen a couple more cyclists. I think the lighter days and spring weather may be bringing them out. I mention spring weather as though it has been gloriously nice but really it's been very variable, swinging from mild spring sunshine to snow and cold rain. Typically British weather really. Here's some spring-time shots of some of our worst winter snow at Easter.


No comments: