Thursday 11 October 2007

(eye) Watering hole


Another hazard has appeared en-route to work. I manage to avoid it mostly but one of these days it'll catch me out and I'll have a pinch flat puncture. I reported it via the local council email. Blackburn with Darwen's web site indicates it should be possible to report the problem by email, so I did. I got this reply:

from: postmaster@blackburn.gov.uk
to: me

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

roads.footpaths@blackburn.gov.uk

I thought I'll give the CTC's 'Fill That Hole' website a go. It's really very nice and so easy to use, with a clear form. It uses Google Maps, which enabled me to put a marker exactly at the location of the fault. I got an immediate email notification containing links allowing future follow-up and the ability to upload a picture, which I did.

You can view the report at
http://www.fillthathole.org.uk/hazard/8758/details.

I'll see what happens, but I might be using the good old telephone soon.

No comments: