Tuesday 20 May 2008

Irony of news gathering


I highlighted, some time ago in winter, the walking school bus that crosses my route. I see them regularly during school term time. This morning they had swapped their usual orange tabbards for brighter yellow ones. This must have been a big occasion as more children had joined the walk and there were more helpers. Whilst being distracted by all this colour, I very nearly ran over a photographer who was walking backwards into the road trying to get a shot of the group making their way to school. He was probably keeping one ear out out for traffic.

I come across quite a few pedestrians who enter the road first and look second based on what they hear. The photographer was probably getting a photo for the local newspaper for a piece on road safety.

Update: Link to article that has appeared here.

No comments: